Everything Cannabis


Hey, I’m cannabis! You might know me as pot, weed, dope, trees, jive, bud, or grass. Here’s everything you need to know about me! My two main components are THC and CBD. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the psychoactive part of me, and causes cognitive impairment, more commonly known as "the high." Cannabidiol (CBD) is the other major cannabis compound. It is non-psychoactive, and sought after for its positive attributes, such as its analgesic and anti-inflammatory abilities.

Short Term Effects

The short-term effects of using me depend on the person! Some people might get sleepy, other people might have some memory issues or issues with concentration. To each their own, right? Some people actually hate using me and get freaked out or anxious - I try to avoid those guys! Generally though, I can cause a decline in coordination, reaction time, decision-making abilities and ability to judge distances. Just don’t use me while driving or like, ice-skating! To the extreme, there’s also some people who can experience psychotic episodes. 

Long-Term Effects

If you use me for a long time, your brain gets used to me, which can dull your reward system/response and make you want to take bigger amounts of me to get a better high. This can make you at risk for getting addicted to me or other substances. Also, I may make you develop symptoms of chronic or acute bronchitis (see how I can take your breath away 😛).     

How to Use Cannabis Responsibly

There’s a lot of me to go around, but I’m just looking out for myself. I don’t like to feel used, you know? Maybe try some low THC and same level CBD products. When smoking me, you only need 1-2 puffs at 10%. I know, not as much as you probably thought. Don’t worry, you’ll feel me within seconds or a few minutes, but I’ll be with you for up to 6 hours! Edibles can be fun but watch out bro, try max 2.5mg of THC. I’ll be a bit slower showing up to the party, around 30 mins (fashionably late), but you’ll really feel me at 4 hours. I can hang out for longer too; up to 12 hours.

Go easy on your lungs

Woah, woah, woah! Take it easy! I’m made up of many of the same chemicals as tobacco smoke - If you choose to smoke me, then that’s on you buddy. Ingesting or vaping me may have less risks than smoking but those may also have their own individual risks. Save those poor lungs of yours and avoid inhaling deeply or holding your breath. Just take it slooooow. No rush!

Secure your stash

Let's make something clear: I don't like kids. I seem to be very problematic when ingested by children. So for your safety and the safety of your loved ones, keep me in my original packaging and store me somewhere out of reach. 

Stick to one drug at a time

Personally, I love being the center of attention. I don't react well with other drugs so I’m warning you now: do NOT use any other drugs at the same time. Using more than one type of drug may cause unpredictable changes in how you think, feel and act. 

Share with care

In all honesty, I prefer being used by a single person rather than a group. However, if you do end up sharing me with your friends make sure to do it safely! Try to avoid any direct contact to your lips. Nobody wants cooties! 

Have more cannabis-free days

As much as I love spending my days with people, it's important to make sure that you frequently have days without me. Try to limit yourself to using me once a week at most! It’s not you… It’s me...

The law

I don’t hang out with anyone under 19 years of age. Not a big fan of kids, you know? They’re just so… YOUNG. And annoying. You get the gist. If anyone under 19 years old tries to hang with me, it’s like, literally illegal. Anyone who tries to make me hang out with these kids by selling or giving me to them is actually being super illegal too. I don’t want it, you don’t want it, capeeshe? 

You can smoke me anywhere where tobacco use is permitted, but you’d better not use me while you’re driving. That’s so lame… And illegal! I don’t wanna take the blame for whatever you get up to behind the wheel. It’s a zero-tolerance policy for anyone 21 and younger, and the law’s similar to alcohol. Make it easy on yourself and don’t drive high!

Well, that’s all I wanted to tell ya! I’m really trying to take this whole relationship thing slowly you know? Don’t want to end up getting hurt. If you want to look me up or something (creeeppyy), you can check out thelinkottawa.ca! They really like to talk about me there 😊 Seeya around!